Vision and Objective
- To change lives through physical activity and sport and help to make Greater Manchester the most active region in England, achieve 75% of the population ‘active’ or ‘fairly active’ by 2025
- To be known for exceptional leadership, thinking, governance and evaluation and the valued and trusted partner of our key stakeholders.
Key Outcomes of the Post:
- Take responsibility for the charity’s overall budget and ensure that GreaterSport is financially sustainable. Ensures effective allocation and use of resources to achieve best value for money.
- Lead to ensure that GreaterSport is known as best in class for governance. Monitor and evaluate organisational practice, ensure compliance, challenge under performance and provide appropriate intervention and support strategies when needed.
- Translate the GM Moving Strategy and GreaterSport vision into agreed objectives and operational plans which promote and sustain the work of GreaterSport.
- Embed a high performing management system in the organisation and take responsibility to deliver against targets and expectations of partners and funders.
- Create the conditions for digital transformation in the sector.
- Lead to ensure that GreaterSport is the ‘go to’ organisation in Greater Manchester for research, data, insight and evaluation for the physical activity sector.
- Develop a diverse and skilled workforce fit to deliver the ambitions of GM Moving.
- Take responsibility for the support and professional development of GreaterSport/GM Moving Staff team to ensure that the company meets all its employment and welfare responsibilities and is seen as a caring organisation pursuing excellence.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of organisational policies and, in so doing, support operational plans which promote and sustain the work of the GreaterSport/GM Moving teams.
- Line management of staff namely, the Finance Director, Business Operations Manager, Relationship and Events Senior Manager and Marketing Managers.
- Ensure that the views and opinions of partners across and outside of Greater Manchester are represented in the work of GreaterSport.
- Ensure that all legal and statutory standards are met with regards to staff and other legal liabilities.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: The National Squash Centre & Regional Arena, Rowsley Street, Manchester, M11 3FF
Benefits: Health plan, Local Government Pension, Volunteer Days, Flexible working and training allowance
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Key external partners: Sport England, GMCA, Quest, Active Partnership Network, Local Authorities, GM Commissioners, Co-op, ICSA, ODI, LP Strategic leads, Behaviour Insight Team
For more information and to apply please download the Recruitment Pack.