GreaterSport and parkrun are working together with the ambition to be the most accessible parkrun area in the UK, by identifying potential new areas where parkrun could be set up to increase the number of opportunities available, with the aims being:
• The targeted growth of parkrun and junior parkrun
• Accessibility of parkruns in GM - ensuring there is a parkrun accessible to all our communities, regardless of age, ability or personal circumstances.
• More GP’s registering as parkrun practices.
• Trialling/testing interventions utilising parkrun events to engage different audiences
• Raising awareness of the value of volunteering at parkrun
In order to do this there needs to be engagement from the wider network, this is where you come in. We need our partners and the local parkrun volunteer teams to help in understanding what the opportunities are locally, how the local communities work/ respond to and if there is potential appetite to be more active in these areas.
Date: Wednesday 18th September 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 9pm
Venue: Fairfield Social Club, 6 Archway, Temperance Street, Manchester M12 6HR (5 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station).
Tea, coffee and refreshments will be provided.